Customised 4WD Safaris and extended tours across NSW
Simmo’s extended 4WD safaris are designed for travellers seeking true adventure. If you want to get away from the Sydney crowds and experience the true outback – let Simmo tailor a 4WD Adventure just for you.
Simmo’s extended 4WD Safaris are by private charter – perfect for couples, families or small group. You’ll be travelling in a modern, fully appointed 4WD vehicle, with Simmo as your personal guide and cook.
Tours are tailored to suit your travel dates, time frame and budget – with a range of accommodation options, ranging from charming country pubs, self contained cabins up to grand 5 star motels.
Below is just one example of a tailored 4WD Tour. It’s a short, 3 day tour – showcasing the very best of Country NSW with wonderful accommodation.
Pick up can be arranged from either Katoomba or Sydney.
- Pick up direct from your accommodation in Katoomba
- We get away from the crowds, enjoying a short bush walk through pristine National Park to the most spectacular, secluded lookout across the majestic Blue Mountains
- Experience a rugged 4WD journey through native bushland and sheep stations, reaching the historic Hill End goldfields for our BBQ lunch
- We visit an underground gold mine and pan for alluvial gold in the Turon River
- We visit History Hill Museum and stroll around the village of Hill End
- Relax for the evening in your charming country cabin, with kangaroos at your back door
- Enjoy a beer or glass of wine by the fire pit and survey the stars as your evening meal is being prepared.
After a hearty breakfast in Hill End we continue our 4WD Adventure, travelling through outback farmland, crossing the mighty Macquarie River to reach the City of Orange – the “food basket” of NSW. We take in stunning views from Mt Canobolas, visit a working sheep farm and fruit orchard, and enjoy a superb lunch at the Farmer’s Produce Store. Guests enjoy a leisurely afternoon sampling superb cool climate wines before retiring to your 4 star motel located right in the heart of Orange – an easy walk to the local shops, hip cafes and restaurants.
After a leisurely breakfast in Orange we travel by 4WD through idyllic country towns like Millthorpe and Bathurst. We explore the stunning Kanangra Boyd National Park and forage for mushrooms on the forest floor. We fish for rainbow trout in the pristine Cox’s River – cooking our freshly caught trout with wild mushroom for our picnic lunch.
As a special treat, guests are guided to a sacred site where we view ancient aboriginal rock art and learn the customs & culture of the Wiradjuri tribe.
We return to Katoomba in the late afternoon, as the sun sets over the stunning 3 Sisters.
Country NSW Showcase
3 Days/2 nights, departing Katoomba
This extended 4WD Safari showcases the very best of country NSW – highlights of this 3 day tour include the majestic Blue Mountains, fossick for gold at Hill End, visit a working sheep station, learn about Aboriginal culture and visit a sacred site, experience superb Food & Wine of the Orange wine region, forage for wild mushrooms and fish for rainbow trout in the Cox’s River.
This is a private charter 4WD Tour – perfect for couples, families or small group. You’ll be travelling through remote and rugged country in a luxurious 4WD. This tour includes 4 Star Accommodation, most meals and entry to all attractions.
Tours are easily varied to suit your particular travel itinerary and needs – so please contact me directly so that I can tailor an extended 4WD Adventure just for you.
- Katoomba and the Blue Mountains
- Aboriginal culture and sacred sites
- Jenolan Caves
- Historic goldfields of Hill End
- Visit a working farm or cattle station
- Food & Wine of Orange
- Warrumbungle mountains and the outback
3 Days/2 nights exploring the very best of country NSW by 4WD
Pick up from Katoomba
$1, 360 per person, for a couple, twin share
or $945 per person for two couples (2 x twin share)
or $3180 for a family of four (2 Adults, 2 children)
Includes wonderful accommodation, most meals, guided tours and attractions.
Please note, itinerary and length of stay can be tailored to suit your travel dates, so please contact me for an individually tailored quote. Pick up from Sydney can also be arranged.
Get in Contact
To inquire about a tailored tour to suit, simply complete this inquiry form, or email Simmo directly: firstname.lastname@example.org